Thursday, March 9, 2017

I will celebrate you, Lord of my joy!

A bunch of bitter people would like to impose a concept that opposes "holiness" to "happiness".
Let me set the record straight: this is NOT scriptural- AT ALL.
Your Creator wants you to dwell in joy, even admidst difficulties and adversity.
Of course, it is normal to know ups and downs, this how life is. But be sure of one thing: our Lord doesn't want or need an army of miserable, bitter whiners who play it "holy" while quoting verses that they are taking out of their original context!




Psalm 16, verse 11 states: "You make known to me the path of life; in your presence, there is FULLNESS OF JOY; at your right hand are pleasures forever more".


Despite adverse conditions, prophet Habakuk claimed that he would keep rejoicing:

"Though the fig tree should not blossom and there be no fruit on the vines. Though the yield of the olive should fail and the fields produce no food. Though the flock should be cut off from the fold and there be no cattle in the stalls. Yet I will EXULT in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my Salvation". Habakuk 3:17-18

If you thought the contrary, know that being happy is a mitzvah that pleases Hashem's heart!

Psalm 118 verse 14 defines the Lord as our strength and our song. Do you think that our Lord would be pleased in a bitter song? Certainly not!

"The Lord is my strength and my song. He became my Yeshua" Psalm 118: 14



Our Lord wants us to live an abundant life of praise and joy. Be sure of it. Being happy is a wonderful way of showing gratitude to the Almighty.



In the Book of Nehemiah, chapter 8, verse 10 the crowd is exhorted to give up sorrow and to rejoice instead:

"Don't be sorrowful, for the JOY OF THE LORD is your STRENGTH." Nehemiah 8:10




May Yeshua's words help you remain in constant joy:

"If you keep my mitzvoth, you will stay in my love, just as I have kept the mitzvoth of my Father and have stayed in His love. I have spoken these things so that MY JOY will dwell in you and your JOY will be COMPLETE." John 15: 10-12  Delitzsch Hebrew Gospels









Copyright© by Isabelle Esling








No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Yeshua's trial: un unfair mascarade of justice

The holidays had just ended. I was back to school, aged 15, and  ready to meet our new religion teacher. "Another annoying guy&quo...