I am perfectly conscious that debunking Christmas' pagan roots is going to raise some huge controversy.
Don't read this article if you are not ready to accept the truth. Truth is truth and it will not change, regardless of your anger or your denial.
When you come up to me, showing great anger for what I stated, on the basis of Scriptures, it is not me you are attacking. The truth is that you are being rebellious to the Almighty and that you favor customs of the world before Hashem's command. Your choice. Also, be ready to bear the consequences of it.
Yeshua set me completely apart. I am not part of any assembly or corporate religion. I do not place anybody's teachings before our Messiah's. I will always place Yeshua's words before anybody else's words, be it a disciple.
I've been told that "I was ignorant of the pope and catholic church's teachings" and that "I was telling lies" for quoting the Bible when writing about Yeshua's mom. Well, guys, please report to the Creator of Heavens and earth next time you are dissatisfied with Scriptural evidence. Please make a complaint against me, that I favored Hashem's word before the pope's sayings and customs!
What Scriptures say about foreign practices
Many people claim to follow what Scriptures say. A lot of individuals actually quote verses by heart whose actual meaning they don't understand ( because they are taken out of context, most of the time).
The same people will also find a way to justify their pagan practices.
How does Hashem feel with celebrations He never ordered?
"I HATE all your show and pretense-
the hypocrisy of your religious festivals and solemn assemblies" Amos 5:21
The Book of Deuteronomy clearly states:
"When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices/holidays of these nations." Deuteronomy 18:9
The "Christmas tree" is an abomination to Hashem!
Here are prophet Jeremiah's words about these trees, that are a very ancient pagan practice linked with idolatric practices.:
"The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead on the dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me.On a sidenote...
Do they provoke me?, says the Lord, do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces?" Jeremiah 7:18-19
Interestingly, the prophet also mentions the very pagan practice of " queen of heaven" cult. Roman Catholics have transferred this pagan appelation to Mary ( Miryam, Yeshua's mom in the Bible has nothing to do with this idolatry. Miryam was a Jewish, Torah-obedient person, who never claimed to be "God" or a "mediatrix" to men. Myriam praised Hashem and rejoiced in her Savior.)
Mary's permanent virginity has no biblical foundation! The Gospel of Matthew clearly states that she remained a virgin until she gave birth to Yeshua. Then Yosef, her husband knew her, in the biblical sense of the word. The Gospels make a clear mention of Yeshua's brothers and sisters.
Please note that the false dogma of the " immaculate conception" goes back to 1854 and is the invention of pope Pius IX!
The truth about Christmas, a festival that combines several pagan traditions
My question to all is the following:
"If you perfectly knew that a celebration is totally pagan and completely goes against God's will, would you still celebrate it?"
- The Gospel of Luke clearly points at our Messiah's birth around late September-beginning of October. I've studied our Messiah's birth chronology based on precise Scriptural indications and also by taking the Hebrew Calendar into account in a previous article.
- False assumptions about our Messiah's birth on December the 25th occured because they were based on the Gregorian calendar.
- Because they wanted people to keep celebrating their pagan feasts, Roman emperors aligned our Messiah's birth date with some lewd, idolatric pagan festivals in honor of god Saturn and the Iranian sun-God Mitra. For more details, please check the following source.
- Everywhere someone celebrates Christmas, you will see a Santa Claus. My question to you: is Santa Claus a Bible character? No. So why do you celebrate him? Why do you make your children believe that this fairy tale character is real and that he is the one who distributes presents? Please also note that "Santa" is an acronym for "Satan". Mere coincidence? I don't think so!
- "Put "Christ" back into "Christmas" is a hypocritical debate: our Messiah has never been linked with the pagan festival known as Christmas! The first disciples of Yeshua were all Jewish men and women. None of them even celebrated our Messiah's birth. Christmas is not biblical-at all and you are not meant to celebrate it if you follow Yeshua our Messiah. Even Origenes ( who is far from being my favorite person because he allowed himself to remove the name Yeshua from Bar-Abba ( Barabbas), thus, distorting the subtle context of Yeshua's trial before Pilate) clearly said: "in the Scriptures no one is recorded to have kept a feast or held a great banket on his birthday. It is only sinners like Pharaoh and Herod who make great rejoicings over the day in which they were born in this world."
- Finally, if you still doubt that it is WRONG and AGAINST HASHEM'S WILL to celebrate Christmas, please explore this very detailed resource about Christmas and its pagan meaning.
May the Spirit of Hashem convince you that Christmas celebration is a sinful behavior.
May the Spirit of Hashem guide you into true worship.
May your heart be committed to follow Yeshua the true Messiah of Israel. May you be rooted in truth.
Thank you Hashem.
Copyright© by Isabelle Esling