Sunday, May 7, 2017

A few more words about biblical evidence regarding the Garden Tomb after my visit to the site

"Yosef took the body and wrapped into a pure linen garment ( sadin tahor in Hebrew). He placed it in a new tomb that was hewn for him into the rock, rolled a large stone, over the entrance, and then left." Matthew 27:59-60 Delitzsch Hebrew Gospels


"There was a garden, and in the garden, a new sepulcre, wherein has never man laid." John 19:41









Visiting the Garden Tomb will impact you greatly if you are a true believer and follower of Yeshua our Messiah. I felt troubled when I penetrated into the Tomb, because  I experienced Yeshua's love to a much greater scale.

Yeshua's Spirit is present in this place, and His peace. Your encounter will resemble Miryam of Magdala's extraordinary encounter with our Risen Lord!



The inside of the Tomb is big enough for several persons to be standing there.


To tell you the truth, stepping inside of the Tomb turned my soul upside down!
We often don't realize how immense our Savior's love is. In this very moment I could only envision our pure Yeshua's suffering and humiliation, and His dead body lying here prior Resurrection.




It was just the two of us. I was looking at Him 2000 years ago, with my spiritual eye.
I thanked Him. My soul was greatly emotionally affected and it took me quite long to be able to smile again.

I felt Yeshua's presence wrapping me in a consoling embrace from all sides, but had I seen a gardener next to me, I too would told him: " They have taken away my Lord and I don't know where they have laid Him."

But when I sat down inside of the Garden, Yeshua's peace would radiate from everywhere and my soul would come to still waters again.




The "skull hill", Golgotha, near the Garden Tomb


Many details corroborate with Scriptures regarding the Garden Tomb


  • It is located at Damascus Gate, outside of the City walls
  • Crucifixion could only happen outside of the City. There is a place in form of a skull just next to the Garden Tomb
  • The Gospels mention Yosef of Arimathea buying a fine linen burial shroud. This Shroud is known as the Shroud of Turin and has been miraculously preserved for 2000 years. Forensic researchers have found some Garden Tomb soil on the Shroud.
  • Damascus Gate is also likely to be the place where you could rapidly buy this burial Shroud. People had to be quick, because Shabbat was approaching, and Yeshua needed to be buried before Shabbat (Shabbat is not only Friday evening, it also refers to any other biblical ordained feast and it could have occured any other day of the week)
  • The Garden Tomb had been cut into the rock ( and is not an existing cave)
  • The site contains a vine press and a water cystern, so we can assume that it belonged to a very rich man



Flower from the Garden Tomb
Stones from the Garden Tomb

Go visit the Garden Tomb and see by yourselves.
May you be filled with Yeshua's infinite peace! Amen.


Copyright© by Isabelle Esling


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Yeshua's trial: un unfair mascarade of justice

The holidays had just ended. I was back to school, aged 15, and  ready to meet our new religion teacher. "Another annoying guy&quo...