Monday, October 29, 2018

You claim to be free, but are you really?

One of the 21st century's great illusions is to make people believe that they are free while some very corporate societies are trying to control mankind's agenda in a very subtle way. 
Very often, it goes completely unnoticed to the middle man's eyes.



People claim to be free, but they also affirm that they 'need' their coffee in the morning. Numerous companies, whose aim is to sell huge amounts of coffee are encouraging these kinds of behavior with massive publicity, whether it is on the internet or on television. Sometimes, they are also releasing books that are praising coffee's benefits for health...are there any? I am not convinced of it and here is why: I myself have been an addict of the brown bean and it caused me numerous health damages. I have replaced it with a much healthy drink that I really love and that is very healthy too: matcha tea.

What did coffee do to me? It kept me awake at night ( yes, this is one of its properties...it keeps you awake), although I only used to drink 2 cups of espresso per day. It caused damage to my wisdom teeth. I was also nervous without a reason. I was also plagued with very painful stomach burns.
Coffee is a drug and it is bad for your health. This is the truth they will hide from you.





People also think that they are free, but they are spending endless hours on TV and on the internet.
I admit that it is sometimes hard to control the time I spend on the internet, having to handle a language business and writing activities.
activities. 



But this is also the reason why the Creator gave us Shabbat and this is why you should disconnect from your electronic devices from Friday evening to Saturday evening. Shabbat is a liberation from slavery during which you enter into a spiritual universe of resting and rejoicing in HaShem's company.
I have even heard it from the mouth of some believers, that they do panic if they are without their smartphones. Ask yourselves what is more important: time with the Almighty or time on the smartphone?




Finally, one of the worst forms of addiction is what cigarettes are doing to people. 
Not only do smokers make themselves sick, but they are also harming their entourage and the environment.

Should we also mention all these persons who are unable to control their passions of flesh?

We live in a society where men are pushed to become total addicts. 
Also, if you depend on your company, your employer and your behavior is conditioned by some specific social code, would you call that freedom?

I am very fortunate that our Lord made me independent in my way of working. Since Yeshua crossed my way, I truly feel free. He delivered me and he showed me which of my habits I should give up.
May He help me perfect myself daily. May He forgive me my daily addictions and mistakes.

The point of exposing all these destructive conditionings of our contemporary society is to give you food for thought.

What must we do? We must do Teshuva ( repentance) and ask our Lord to help us break free from what is holding us, prisoners. 




On a final note, I'd also like to tell you that Yeshua showed me that I wasn't a slave to Him, but that I should enjoy the friendship with Him. Yeshua calls me 'friend'. In our Messiah, I am fully free. 


© 2018 by Isabelle Esling

1 comment:

  1. This is so true, many people have no idea of their addictions because they can't physically see the negative affects in the beginning. I need to do better with honoring the Sabbath every week and not just sometimes, because it is importance to honor the Sabbath - another great message. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Yeshua's trial: un unfair mascarade of justice

The holidays had just ended. I was back to school, aged 15, and  ready to meet our new religion teacher. "Another annoying guy&quo...