Thursday, October 3, 2019

Visiting the antique City of Bethsaida


Please do not take these pictures as they are subject to copyright © Isabelle Esling

Dear readers,

I am on my 8th journey to Eretz Israel. I spent one week in  Jerusalem and started Rosh haShana in Tveriah. I have been to Kursi national park yesterday. I am really blessed to eventually have discovered the antique City of Bethsaida, one of the cities that have been cursed by Yeshua along with Kfar Nachum and Korazim.

I have been to Kfar Nachum twice and to Korazim once during preceding trips. But I have been trying to find a way to reach Bethsaida by autobus, which has been a real challenge for me since February 2018. Most Israelis never heard about Bethsaida, because it is linked with Yeshua. There are nevertheless mentions of the city in the Talmud.
Another reason is that I had no idea which bus line would take me there.

Actually it is not that hard, if you are willing to get up early in Tveriah and to be at the Central bus station around 8:30 am.

There are two ways to go to Bethsaida: either via Jordan Valley with bus 57 going to Katzrin in direction Golan, or the other way round, via Kfar Nachum with bus 52 that will ride through Tabgha and Kfar Nachum. I took bus 52 this morning.

So, I am not going to lie to you: Bethsaida is one of the places that is quite hard to access. Once you reach Tzomet Bethsaida, there is a 45 minutes ride to reach the site of Bethsaida excavations, and even from the entrance, you will have to walk. Face it, in Galilee you need to be in good physical condition and to love walking. Yeshua has always been a great walker...when you consider the distances he walked in the Galil, it is really impressing!

Bethsaida, despite the hard conditions to access it, is definitely worth a visit! 

The site is in the middle of the nature, and it offers unique views of the Galilee. It is just splendid. Another advantage is that you will not meet that many tourists, just a few. It a perfect place for prayer and meditation.

Strangely some stones also resemble the ones I have seen in Korazim. Maybe some vulcanic activity also burnt some of the stones. 

The excavations show that a residential quarter existed. There is also a fishermen's house and a 'house of wine'. The history of the place is very rich.

There is very much to say, but I am a little bit tired of the journey, I just wanted to share today's adventure.

Blessings to all in Yeshua our Messiah.



©2019 Isabelle Esling







No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Yeshua's trial: un unfair mascarade of justice

The holidays had just ended. I was back to school, aged 15, and  ready to meet our new religion teacher. "Another annoying guy&quo...